Harrogate pop-up welcomes a full calendar of independent businesses to the high street.
The Harrogate pop up shop officially opened its doors on the 13 September, and will introduce a string of small businesses to the high street of Harrogate.
The upcoming line-up includes L&N candles, The Alcohol Free Drinks Company, Martha & Bea, Sasha Interiors and Lehi James.
The pop-up shop is situated on the corner of Cambridge Street and is a stone’s throw from the train station as well as some of the largest high street names.
The initiative has already had a phenomenal response with the 2021 calendar booking up in a matter of days.
L&N candles is owned and operated by Natalie White and Laura Berryman
Laura Berryman said:
We started the business 3-years ago, and have operated it from home all that time.
We had become friends through having our children, and started by making candles one year for friends as Christmas presents. From there we thought actually these are really nice, so we started selling them from there.
Over the years we have developed the business, online, markets and school fairs – this is just the next step.
We already have a really good local customer base already, partly as we offer a refill service on our products.
It will be good to grow that customer base though.
Over the next few months, the shop will be at its busiest.
- 13 – 19 September 2021 – L&N Candles will be the first business to open the doors on the 13th of September. The business will provide Harrogate shoppers with a range of highly reviewed soy wax candles and wax melts to try. The business, which has been online based until now, will be offering a range of scents as well as the option to personalise any gifts.
- 20 – 26 September Alcohol Free Drinks Company. Andy’s business will be offering a range of alcohol free beverages from the 20th September and features on Harrogate Beer Week’s line up. On the 20 September there will be a lunchtime tasting session between 1-2pm. There’s no need to book, just pop in.
- 27 September – 3 October 2021, Martha & Bea will host the space. Jane, the founder of Martha & Bea, will transform the pop up into a stylish and affordable clothing boutique. There will be a range of items to shop from t-shirts and jumpers to hats and accessories, most of which have been designed and hand printed in Yorkshire.
- 4 October – 17 October 2021, Sasha Interiors will host the pop up from the 4th October for 2 weeks. The interior design business will offer an array of soft furnishings and other
interior products for purchase.
- 18 October – 31 October 2021 Lehi James will take over the space. The business will offer a range of clothing and beauty products, so it will be a perfect opportunity to treat yourself before the Christmas line up is
Jessica Swain, from Barker Proudlove and Contemporary by Barker Proudlove, has worked on bringing the initiative to Harrogate and said:
We are so excited to finally open the Harrogate Pop Up Shop! We have been in contact with so many amazing local businesses, and we are so excited to welcome them to the high street.
Initiatives like these are unique in their offering to both customers and businesses.
For Harrogate shoppers, the space provides an opportunity to shop new products that can’t be purchased elsewhere. For businesses, our pop up shop provides a brilliant opportunity to test the high street and see if a physical space is something that could work full time.