On the 11th of November, North Yorkshire Sport and England Hockey will launch the dynamic new sport of Rush Hockey at Harrogate Hockey Club. Designed to be fast and furious, Rush Hockey takes the basics of regular Hockey and condenses them into a quick-fire, small-sided match that can be played both indoors and outdoors.
David Watson, Executive Director of North Yorkshire Sport, comments:
We really support the launch of Rush Hockey. It offers a fantastic way to make Hockey accessible to those who might not ordinarily have the time to fit it into their lives. Above all, Rush Hockey is fantastic fun and great exercise; precisely the type of sporting innovation that is likely to get people active in their local communities, and therefore precisely the type of activity that North Yorkshire Sport are proud to support.
- The rules of Rush Hockey are mostly as they would be in field hockey apart from some specialised variations
- For example, neither the stick or the ball should be raised above knee height, while players can shoot from anywhere on the (smaller) pitch
- The idea is to create free flowing, high scoring end-to-end games that put the emphasis on fun and enjoyment
- The teams can be 5-a-side or 4-a-side and the club invites people of all abilities to come and have a go
- All that the club ask you to bring is a mouth guard and shin pads – even the stick can be provided
- The beauty of Rush Hockey is the convenience of the new game, enticing those who don’t have the time to commit to full-sided Hockey, but still want to experience the camaraderie and thrill of team sport
- The first sessions will be played at the Harrogate Hockey Club between 6-7pm and 7-8pm, and will continue every week until Christmas
- Participants can join as both an individual or as a ready-made team
- As an added incentive, the first five people to register on the night will each receive a Rush Hockey t-shirt. Each session will cost £3 per person and you have to be over 16
To book in advance call 01423 565696 or email email@example.com