Ward – Current councillor
- Bishop Monkton – Ian Galloway
- Boroughbridge – Robert Windass
- Claro – Anthony Alton
- Killinghall – Michael Harrison
- Kirkby Malzeard – Margaret Atkinson
- Lower Nidderdale – Christine Hill
- Marston Moor – John Savage
- Mashamshire – Nigel Simms
- Newby – Nick Brown
- Nidd Valley – Les Ellington
- Ouseburn – Martin Leather
- Pateley Bridge – Stan Beer
- Ribston – Caroline Bayliss
- Spofforth with Lower Wharfedale – Shirley Fawcett
- Washburn – Richard Grange
- Wathvale – Chris Brown MBE
There are no elections in the urban wards for Harrogate Borough Council in Harrogate, Knaresborough and Ripon.
Deputy Returning Officer, Peter Jordan, is encouraging people living in the rural areas to make sure they are registered to vote in time for the elections on 3 May. He added: “As well as elections for the rural seats on Harrogate Borough Council, a number of rural parish councils will also be holding elections. You must be on the electoral register to have your say on who sits on your council. If you have recently moved to the area, or moved house, it is important to make sure that you register at your new address otherwise you won’t be able to vote.
Peter Jordan said:
It only takes a few minutes to complete a registration form but you must make sure we receive it by Wednesday, 18 April to be able to vote in the elections this May.
Registration forms are available by calling 0845 300 6091 or you can print a form from www.aboutmyvote.co.uk
Barbara Line Regional Manager for the Electoral Commission, the independent elections watchdog, is also reminding voters that they can still vote even if they can’t make it to the polling station on 3 May.
Barbara Line added:
Even if you will be away on holiday, or think you might be caught up in work, you can make sure you have your say by applying to vote by post or proxy. You can print off the forms from www.aboutmyvote.co.uk