Welcome to Yorkshire has announced two extra Tour de Yorkshire roadshows as a result of huge demand which has seen attendance figures surpass 1,000.
17 roadshows have already been held across the county and 13 are still to come between now and the end of March, with Whitby and Holmfirth the newest additions to the calendar.
Welcome to Yorkshire is teaming up with local authorities to run the shows in towns and villages along the 2017 route and information is being shared to residents and businesses on how to get involved, build excitement and maximise the benefits of global media coverage between 28-30 April.
Details on road closures, the annual sportive and Welcome to Yorkshire’s various cycling legacy projects are all being discussed, along with ways people can become an official Tour Maker or take part in the popular Land Art competition.
Marketing, website and social media tips are also being provided, as well as ways businesses can embrace the huge influx of visitors that come to watch the action in person.
Chief Executive Sir Gary Verity has been delighted by the attendance figures so far and expects the remaining roadshows to be equally successful.
Gary Verity said: We’re thrilled our roadshows have reached this landmark figure of 1,000 attendees and it’s testament to how informative and valuable people are finding them.
It’s great that Whitby and Holmfirth have been added to the list as they always pull out the stops, and I’m looking forward to seeing how both towns engage as the race sweeps through.
If you’ve got a roadshow coming your way, I’d encourage you to come along, ask questions and get inspired on how we can all make the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire the biggest and best one yet.
The remaining 2017 Tour de Yorkshire roadshows are:
- Thursday 16 February: Knaresborough – 1pm – 3pm
- Friday 17 February: Pickering – 2pm – 3:30pm
- Tuesday 21 February: Skipton – 6:30pm – 8pm
- Wednesday 22 February: Pocklington – 3pm – 5pm
- Thursday 23 February: Masham – 5pm – 7pm
- Tuesday 28 February: Pateley Bridge – 6pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 28 February: Ilkley – 6pm – 8pm
- Wednesday 1 March: Saltaire – 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Thursday 2 March: Burnsall – 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Monday 6 March: Keighley – 2pm – 4pm
- Tuesday 7 March: Whitby – 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- Thursday 9 March: Holmfirth – 6pm – 8pm
- Thursday 23 March: Lofthouse – 6pm – 8pm
People can register their interest at letour.yorkshire.com/2017/roadshows