Please support what we do and share

Harrogate Hospital fridge fire

The Fire Service have been called to Harrogate Hospital to deal with a fridge freezer fire.

At 03:23 on 24 July 2015, Harrogate Fire station mobilised two appliances and the aerial ladder platform and further appliances were mobilised from Knaresborough and Boroughbridge, to the District Hospital on Wetherby road.

Upon arrival fire crews found a heavily smoke logged ward but the fridge fire was already out. Fire crews used 2 breathing apparatus and the thermal imaging camera to assist in ventilating the area and removed the fridge freezer out into open air.

The last appliance left this incident at 03:58

Robert Harrison, Chief Operating Officer, Harrogate District Foundation Trust said:

At around 03:23 last night 24 July 2015 there was a small fire at our Harrogate District Hospital site caused by a fridge freezer.

The fire was put out by a member of staff using a Co2 Fire extinguisher prior to North Yorkshire Fire Service arriving.

We are grateful to the member of staff for their quick reactions and can confirm that patients were not at risk.

Please support what we do and share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.