The Mumbler Awards, now in their second year, are a celebration of excellence within the family focused businesses in our region.
- Harrogatemumbler.com is the latest addition the Mumbler family, which has been growing steadily since August 2011
- The Harrogate Mumbler Facebook group was created as a central “hub” for local families with young children.
- The website www.harrogatemumbler.com launched in November 2012
The Mumbler Awards are divided up into nine individual award categories, each one of them focussing on a specific area important to our children.
The winners will be presented following a two stage voting procedure, firstly in July we asked for local parents to nominate their favourites; from this we were able to create a shortlist of finalists.
Local Mum and founder of Harrogate Mumbler, Sally Haslewood said: Once again we have been overwhelmed by the support that there has been for these awards. Over 1200 nominations were made!
The businesses and individuals that have made it to the finals should be incredibly proud of themselves.
When it comes to our children, parents will only accept the best. Those who have made it as a finalist are clearly doing well! Voting has been fierce already and I can’t wait to see who wins this year
The nine categories for 2014 are:
- Mumblers’ Favourite Local Children’s Retailer
- Mumblers’ Favourite Day Nursery
- Mumblers’ Favourite Pre-School
- Mumblers’ Favourite Children’s Class or Organised Activity
- Mumblers’ Favourite Child-Friendly Visitor Attraction
- Mumblers’ Favourite Family Friendly Restaurant
- Mumblers’ Favourite Party Provider
- Mumbler “Mumpreuneur” of the Year
- Mumbler “Childcarer” of the Year
You can vote for your winners at the website www.mumblerawards.com.
Voting closes at midnight on 30 September and the winners will be announced and presented at the Mumbler Awards Gala Dinner at The Old Swan Hotel on Friday 7 November 2014.