The search is on for young people in Yorkshire who are making a difference.
Nominations are open for the 22nd Yorkshire Young Achievers Awards, sponsored by McCormicks Solicitors, which recognise achievement by people aged under 35 in the region who have made an impact, whether nationally, regionally or locally.
Awards Chairman Peter McCormick OBE said: We know there are huge numbers of young people in Yorkshire who have made an impact because of their talent, fortitude or determination to achieve a better life. Whether this has been locally, nationally or internationally, we want to hear about them.
The Awards are open to young people who live, work or were born in Yorkshire and celebrate achievements in the fields of business, sport, education and the arts, in overcoming adversity and achieving fame and fortune. Those with a lower profile have been brought into the limelight thanks to the Unsung Hero award, while there is always a Youngster of the Year to celebrate the achievement of a child under 12. The full list of categories is as follows:
- Personality of the Year (sponsored by Rudding Park)
- Youngster of the Year (sponsored by DFS)
- Unsung Hero (sponsored by Lunchbox Theatrical Productions Ltd)
- Achievement in the Arts (sponsored by the Yorkshire Evening Post)
- Achievement in Education (sponsored by Positive Tax Solutions LLP)
- Achievement in Sport (sponsored by Leeds United)
- Achievement in Management and Enterprise (sponsored by the Wetherby Whaler Group)
- Special Award (sponsored by Walsh Taylor Business Support Group)
Previous winners have included some very famous names, including Leeds brothers Alistair and Jonny Brownlee who took Gold and Silver in the Triathlon at the recent Commonwealth Games.
The Awards are organised by the Yorkshire Young Achievers Foundation which supports projects for young people across the region. To date they have raised more than £1 million for the region’s under 35s.
Nomination forms are available on the Awards website at www.yorkshireyoungachievers.co.uk/index.php/application-forms or by telephoning Sonia Jones on 01423 530630.
The closing date for entries is Friday 19 September 2014.
The winners will be announced at the Yorkshire Young Achievers Awards dinner on Thursday 20 November at the Leeds United Centenary Pavilion. Tickets for the dinner are also now on sale and are available as above.