Ripon house fire believed to be caused by a tumble dryer

Fire-PumpThere was a house fire in Ripon during the early hours of this morning (3.28am – 24th January 2013)

Ripon fire crews attended an address on Ash Grove with two engines where they found heavy smoke logging to the property and fire damage to both the utility and kitchen area.



The fire started in the utility room and is believed to have started in a tumble dryer, which suffered 40% fire damage and 100% smoke damage.

The crews in attendance used 2 hose reels to extinguish the fire and a positive pressure ventilation fan to assist with ventilating the property.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *