Careless disposal of barbeques cause 8,700 square metres of heather fire at Brimham Rocks

Four pumps attended a moor at Brimham Rocks yesterday evening (21 May 2018)

The fire covered an area of approximately 8,700 square metres of heather.

Fire service believe the cause was due to the careless disposal of barbeques.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire using main jets and hose reel jets.

 


 

You may also like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Checking...

Ouch! There was a server error.
Retry »

Sending message...

Tell us what's going on...

Know about a local news item or event, then let us know by filling the form in now

Attach an image (Max 1M)