As the days get shorter and the weather gets colder, the team from local heating experts, Safegas, has joined with The Harrogate Informer to offer one lucky Harrogate or Leeds* resident a free gas boiler service this winter.
Before entering this prize draw please click here for full terms and conditions.
For your chance to win a free gas boiler service from a Gas Safe Registered engineer, please complete your details**.
The prize draw closes at 09:00am on Monday 24 November 2014.
Martin Cooper from Safegas, a local Harrogate based company, said: It is important to have your boiler checked once a year by a Gas Safe Registered engineer, like the ones from Safegas, to ensure that it’s running smoothly and safely. Servicing your boiler could save you money on larger repair bills and can extend the life of your boiler. It’s definitely worth doing this before the temperatures drop further!
The Safegas team of qualified, directly employed engineers are committed to keeping Leeds residents warm and have other tips and advice this winter:
- Install a new boiler – Installing a new boiler can often feel like a big expense but can save you up to £305 a year in running costs! The latest boilers are a lot more energy efficient than older models. Check the age of the boiler and if it is Energy Saving Trust recommended. Boilers have energy ratings, much in the same way as homes.#
- Fit a carbon monoxide detector – Every year approximately 50 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning associated with domestic gas appliances, due mainly to these appliances not having been properly installed or maintained. As well as following the tips above, install a carbon monoxide alarm.
- Look at available grants – The Energy Company Obligation was introduced to help reduce the amount of energy we use and help those living in fuel poverty. At Safegas we advise customers on whether they may be eligible for a grant, which could include a new boiler. We are just a phone call away.
- Bleed your radiators – If your radiators are colder at the top than they are at the bottom, then your radiators may have trapped air inside them that’s stopping the heat from circulating properly. Bleeding the radiators releases the air, allowing the radiator to run more efficiently and ensuring you and your family stay warmer this winter.
Whether you would like a no obligation quote for a new boiler, to discuss a boiler service or understand which grants you may be eligible for, please contact one of the team at www.safegas.co.uk. The Safegas team has been looking after local residents for over 18 years.
*Please see the terms and conditions for a full list of eligible Harrogate and Leeds postcodes.
**By providing your contact details you agree that the Promoter and/or selected partners (including but not limited to HomeServe Alliance Limited) and/ or The Harrogate Informer may use your details to keep you informed of products, services and offers that they consider may be of interest to you.
Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- Promoter: Safegas Limited, Company Registered Number 03061492, Registered Office: Gemini House, Sandbeck Way, Wetherby, West Yorkshire LS22 7PN.
- This prize draw is open to private homeowners whose home is situated in one of the eligible postcodes set out below in the Leeds and Harrogate area (the “Area”) and who own a gas boiler and are aged 18 years or over (a “Person”).
- Eligible postcodes in the Area: HG1, HG2, HG3, HG4, HG5, LS1, LS2, LS3, LS4, LS5, LS6, LS7, LS8, LS9, LS10, LS11, LS12, LS13, LS14, LS15, LS16, LS17, LS18, LS19, LS20, LS21, LS22, LS23, LS24, LS25, LS26, LS27, LS28, LS29, YO1, YO7, YO8, YO10, YO11, YO12, YO13, YO14, YO15, YO16, YO17, YO18, YO19, YO21, YO22, YO23, YO24, YO25, YO26, YO30, YO31, YO32, YO41, YO42, YO43, YO51, YO60, YO61, YO62.
- Employees of the Promoter, other Promoter group companies, HomeServe Alliance Limited, other HomeServe Alliance Limited group companies, The Harrogate Informer, other The Harrogate Informer group companies and/or their families, agents or any other person connected with the promotion or administration of this prize draw cannot enter this prize draw. Tenanted properties are excluded from the prize draw. One entry per Person. By entering this prize draw your entry will be submitted into this prize draw only.
- The winner will receive one (1) gas boiler service of a gas boiler located in the winner’s property situated in the Area (the “Prize”). Only one (1) Prize awarded under this prize draw.
- To enter the prize draw, complete the details requested on the online form located at [please enter URL] between 09:00am on Monday 17th November 2014 (the “Opening Date”) and 9.00am on Monday 24th November 2014 [ (the “Closing Date”). Entries received before the Opening Date and after the Closing Date will not be entered into the prize draw. Once submitted, entries cannot be amended.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries submitted through agencies and third parties.
- The Prize will be completed by a Gas Safe registered engineer employed by the Promoter or by a Gas Safe registered contractor instructed by the Promoter (a “Contractor”).
- By entering this prize draw and providing your contact details you agree that the Promoter and/or selected partners (including but not limited to HomeServe Alliance Limited) and/or The Harrogate Informer may use your email address, postal address and telephone number to keep you informed of products, services and offers that they consider may be of interest to you.
- Scheduling of the works to complete the Prize will be subject to the Promoter’s and the winner’s availability, but the Promoter will endeavour to undertake the Prize within 30 days of the Closing Date. The winner must be present whilst the boiler service is undertaken.
- The boiler service shall be subject to the relevant Promoter’s or Contractor’s terms and conditions and UK legislation, including without limitation legislation relating to health and safety.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. However, the name and county of the prize winner will be made available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Safegas/ The Harrogate Informer Prize Draw Winner, C/O Marketing Manager, HomeServe Alliance Limited, Kingsgate, 1 Bravington’s Walk, Regent Quarter, London N1 9AE.
- The prize draw will take place following the Closing Date. The winner will be notified in writing. It is each entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the contact details they provide are accurate and complete. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for any loss whatsoever should the Promoter be unable to contact the winner or should the winner be unable to accept the Prize. If the Prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the winner, the Promoter will be entitled to dispose of the Prize as it sees fit without any liability to the winner for having done so.
- The Prize is non transferable. The Prize must be accepted as offered, there are no alternatives. There is no entrance fee.
- If requested to do so by the Promoter and/or The Harrogate Informer, the winner will take part in promotional activities.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Entry into the prize draw implies acceptance of these rules as final and binding.
- Notwithstanding that the whole or any part of any of these terms and conditions may prove to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the other terms and conditions and remainder of the term and condition in question shall remain in full force and effect
- .Entries which appear in the opinion of the Promoter to have not been submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will be disqualified from the prize draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this prize draw at any time without notice.