It’s all systems go at the Manhattan Club in Harrogate this month for this year’s “You’re Inspired Challenge 2013”.
The Manhattan have completed their first 6 of the 16 events in place for Saint Michael’s Hospice this October. So far they have raised £1125, and with some of the bigger events to come, it’s getting very exciting.
Manager Chesca Haynes said:
We have been truly inspired throughout the challenge so far, everybody has really pulled together to try and make these events successful for Saint Michael’s Hospice. We’ve tried out some new ideas and have seen some very random things at the Manhattan, anything from becoming a cinema for the afternoon, face reading, to auctioning off a fireman and a very wild fire act! It’s been entertaining, we are very excited about the events to come as some of those are our biggest yet.
Manhattan’s Calender this October:
- Friday 18th October – Magic of Motown 7:30pm (£6 on the door)
- Saturday 19th October – Disney Pixar Cars showing 1pm (donation on the door)
- Saturday 19th October – An Evening of Reggae & SKA 7pm (£6 on the door)
- Saturday 19th October – Retro Game Show & Quiz 8pm (£2 per person)
- Sunday 20th October – Indoor Sunday Market; with stalls, workshops and live entertainment. (donation on the door)
- Friday 25th October – A Night at the Races 8pm
- Saturday 26th October – Six Hour Team Darts Challenge 12pm/Darts Exhibition 6pm (Free Admission).
- Sunday 27th October – Big Grand Finale Night 7pm. With live entertainment & the premier of our XFactor Video (donation on the door).
- Thursday 31st October – Halloween Horror Night (plus film) 8pm (donation on the door)
On Friday 18th October they have the Magic of Motown at 7:30pm. An upbeat event with music combining pop-influenced style rhythm and blues with a brilliant DJ, suitable for all musical tastes. Tickets for this event are £6 and available on the door.
Saturday 19th October they have another Children’s Cinema Afternoon. We are showing Disney Pixar Cars at 1pm. Entry to this event is free, but we are taking donations on the door for Saint Michael’s Hospice. Popcorn is also available at 50pence a bag with all proceeds going to the Hospice. You do not need to pre-book, just come along for a great afternoon.
On Saturday 19th October at 7pm, we bring you an evening of Reggae & Ska featuring local DJ and internationally known Internet Radio Presenter, David Crane, with his TEENAGE KICKS SOUND SYSTEM playing all the best in 2-Tone, Trojan, Ska and Reggae. Hear classics from Jimmy Cliff, The Specials, Desmond Dekker, Madness, Toots & The Maytals, Bad Manners, The Pioneers, The Selecter, Prince Buster and MUCH MORE! Tickets for this event are £6 and available on the door.
Also on Saturday 19th October at 8pm we have the Retro Game Show and Quiz Night with Tim Paul. Teams will take on the challenge of this interactive night for a chance of winning top prizes. Games include Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Play Your Cards Right, Wheel of Fortune and Strike it Lucky – for some big money. Just £2 per person to enter.
Our Sunday Indoor Market will take place on Sunday 20th October 10am til 4pm. There will be a variety of stalls some include:
- Woolly Buddha – original designer hand knitted accessories like scarves, hats, cowls, stoles, wraps, hand warmers, ear warmers, headbands.
- Laura Time For You – Beauty and nails
- Sinnamon Designs – Make the ordinary extraordinary, bring sparkle and fun to your performance, wardrobe and home.
- Creative Holistics – Massage and tarot card readings.
- Happily Handmade – Beautifully handmade gifts made in Harrogate
- Quirky Button Jewellery & Household Gifts
- Becki Payne – Spiritual Medium, angel Cards, psychometry, reiki healing, chakra balancing and Indian head massage.
- Martial Arts Academy
- Thrupenny Bits and Bobs – Gorgeous vintage and antique pieces
- Ray’s Novelty Lamps – Lamps for all tastes and occasions!
And much more….Live entertainment from Christian Scott, with Tribute to the Legends of Swing from 12:30pm and Lily la Belle Vintage Glove Removal Taster Session at 2pm. Donation on the door to enter.
Friday 25th October at 8pm they are hosting a fun filled Night at the Races. These events are always a lot of fun and is great way to help raise funds for Saint Michael’s Hospice. Event sponsorship is available at £20 a race providing an excellent opportunity to advertise your business whilst supporting the Hospice. Please contact Chesca at the Manhattan for more details on (01423) 871267 or 07787403903.
The YDP Manhattan Club Six Hour Team Darts Challenge will take place from 12pm on Saturday 26th October. In this event, teams of eight will be competing against each other to set a new Guinness Book World Record. British Darts Organisation (BDO) players Robbie “Kong” Green, Gary “Big Robbo” Robson and former world champion John “Boy” Walton will be coming along in the evening to help us raise money for Saint Michael’s Hospice. Spectators are welcome to come and enjoy both the day and the evenings antics. To mark this event, the Manhattan are reducing the price of all beers to £2.50 a pint across the board! Admission is free.
And to round off a very hectic month of fundraising, we have created an event to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported us throughout the month of October. Our Grand Finale will take place on Sunday 27th October, doors open at 5pm show starts at 5.30pm. During this big event we have a fantastic line-up of live music, entertainment, our XFactor Video Premier, and we will draw our month long raffle and hold our auction. Tim Paul DJ is hosting the evening, with April Lindsay our compere and singer for the evening. We have three amazing live bands playing for us on the night, Last Orders, Pals in Palestine and The Matt Goldberg Band! Lots more in store and admission is just a donation on the door. We are expecting a lot of people to attend this event so arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Our very last event for Saint Michael’s this October is our Halloween Horror Night (plus film) on Thursday 31st October at 8pm. We have lots of amazing things lined up for you all, including Tarot Card readings, a Spiritual Medium. We will be releasing more details nearer to the date, so save the date and watch this space for more information.
Saint Michael’s provides palliative care and support to those living with terminal illness and bereavement through their In Patient and Day Therapy Units, Lymphoedema Clinics, specialist nursing team who visit patients in their own homes, and ‘Just B’ Bereavement Support to anyone across the district who has experienced the loss of someone significant in their lives. These services are given at absolutely no cost to patients or their families and therefore they must currently raise annual costs of £3.8 million.
You can follow the Manhattan Club on Facebook and Twitter, with regular updates promoting the events.