Man suffers minor burns in Harrogate flat fire

crews from Harrogate and Knaresborough were called to reports of flames coming from an electrical socket in a basement flat.

The incident occured this morning (13 Sept 13)at 01:57 in a property on Kings Road in Harrogate.

The damage was confined to the socket and surrounding cavity wall insulation and plasterboard.

Crews used a dry powder extinguisher and a thermal imaging camera to ensure the fire was out.

A man suffered minor burns to his fingers and was initially treated by fire crews before being taken to hospital by ambulance for further treatment.

The cause of the fire is believed to be defective electrics in the socket.

You may also like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Checking...

Ouch! There was a server error.
Retry »

Sending message...

Tell us what's going on...

Know about a local news item or event, then let us know by filling the form in now

Attach an image (Max 1M)