Now in its 6th Year the Ackrill Media Business Awards took place on 23 March 2011 attracting 450 to the Harrogate International Centre for the awards ceremony.
On the evening the following awards were made:-
- Howard Matthews was named Harrogate Business Personality of the Year
- The Mayor of Harrogate gave the Harrogate Borough Council Award to Wolseley UK for contribution to the local economy
- Best Website to the Avalon Group
- Best Large Company the Ellis Bates Group
- Sir Thomas Ingilby of Ripley Castle awarded Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Best Medium-Sized Company Award to Ashworth Law
- Kettlewell Fuels this year’s Best Small Company
- Employer of the Year is CNG
- MP Andrew Jones – named Avalon’s James McKenzie as winner of the Employee of the Year.
- The Green Award to Fountains Abbey
- Tourism Award to Rudding Park
- Green Farm Health are the Best Rural Enterprise
- Fozia Parveen is Young Entrepreneur of the Year
The Ackrill Media group includes the Harrogate Advertiser, Knaresborough Post, Ripon Gazette, Wetherby News.