The launch follows the success of a pop-up earlier this year, expanding his popular Scandi-inspired café concept Grön.
Taking over the former Quantro site on Royal Parade, the café will create a series of new jobs, and will accommodate 32 diners.
The menu features pescatarian, vegetarian and vegan-friendly dishes, including balanced breakfasts, brunches, and afternoon pick-me-ups.
There’s something for everyone.
Whether you’re after a post-workout refuel, grabbing snacks for the school run, or you’re craving pancakes and strong coffee after a few too many tipples last night.
Grön has been such a big hit. We want to cater to all, so even if your vegan and gluten-free, there’s still a menu full of incredible choices, not just one option.
We couldn’t miss an opportunity to snap up an amazing spot in the heart of Harrogate.
It’s been a lot of work transforming it into our new home but we’re looking forward to being a part of the thriving food and drink scene here.
About Matt Healy
- Leeds-born Matt trained at Thomas Danby Catering College. He has worked at Stuart’s Wine Bar, Babylon and Livebait, before moving to Ripponden to work under Simon Shaw at the original El Gato Negro. He then relocated to London to work at the critically acclaimed restaurant Terroirs.
- Matt was a finalist in MasterChef: The Professionals – with two Michelin-starred judge Marcus Wareing famously describing one of Matt’s sauces as ‘one of the best he had ever tasted’. Matt has several other TV appearances in his resume, including Gordon Ramsey’s F Word, Masterchef: The Professionals Rematch, and more.
- Matt and his team saw success at his restaurant Matt Healy x The Foundry, which opened in the city’s South Bank area in 2018, and Grön Kafe in Oakwood, which launched in 2018.
- He opened Grön as a vegan-friendly destination, with a full time brunch offering, to great success. Harrogate will be the third Grön site to open, following York which opened early 2020.
- After being open for less than a year, his restaurant, Matt Healy x The Foundry was named Best City Centre restaurant in the Oliver Awards, and won Newcomer of the Year at the Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards.
- It also took home the title of Britain’s Best Roast Dinner and was recently featured in Harden’s food guide, the Good Food Guide and awarded a Michelin Plate. Due to Covid restrictions, Matt and the team made the decision to close the restaurant and hope to launch a new Matt Healy x concept in 2021.