Celebrating excellence in family law, the Family Law awards – spearheaded by Lexis Nexis – took the form of a virtual event attended by representatives from family practices, barristers’ chambers and sponsors across the country.
Peter Jones, who founded Jones Myers as the first family law firm of its kind in Leeds in 1992, said:
We are tremendously proud to be selected for this esteemed accolade which reflects our relentless commitment to achieving the best solutions for our clients.
Jones Myers has a strong reputation for attracting the best lawyers in its field and this award is testimony to the dedication and extensive expertise of our family law specialists.
The only law practice in Yorkshire to be shortlisted in the North category, Jones Myers has consistently retained its top tier regional rankings in Chambers and Legal 500 for over two decades.
The firm’s specialists include an in-house counsel, mediators, collaborative law experts, an arbitrator, the current national chair of Resolution’s Specialist Accreditation Committee, a former national chair of Resolution – and an ex Deputy District Judge.
Jones Myers Director and Partner, Richard Peaker:
We are honoured to receive the award and would also like to thank our ever growing client base and referrers for their support and role in this achievement. Well done to all the finalists and winners.
Jones Myers attracted particular praise from the judges for its extensive expertise in alternative dispute resolution processes of mediation, collaborative law and arbitration which avoid a lengthy court process and can lead much more quickly and cost effectively to a successful resolution.
During the lockdown and increased restrictions, the firm’s offices at Windsor House in Harrogate and its offices in Leeds and York are remaining open to offer urgent advice and support to those who most need it.
- Jones Myers is a niche family law firm based in Leeds, Harrogate and York whose lawyers are leaders in their field
- The practice is consistently ranked in a joint Top Tier position by the Legal 500 and Chambers guides alongside national practices
- The 2020 Chambers guide praises the firm’s “exemplary professional standards, prompt response time, and transparency throughout,” in addition to its “well-balanced approach to all proceedings.”.
- The latest Legal 500 guide highlights the firm’s expanded offering in family law with the arrival of Nicki Mitchell as practice head in mid-2019, working in the firm’s York office. Partner and Director Richard Peaker and Partner Kate Banerjee – who heads the Children’s Department – are named as Leading Individuals.
- Jones Myers has been shortlisted in the Northern category of the Family Law Awards 2020 for the outstanding quality of service the firm delivers to its clients
- The firm’s approach is based around providing professional advice whilst maintaining a sensitive and caring relationship with clients.
- The practice’s departments comprise divorce and financial remedies and children departments. The team acts for clients on divorces, pensions issues, trust work and pre-and post-nuptial agreements. The children department handles national and international issues and specialises in private residence and contact disputes, care proceedings, adoption work, special guardianships, relocations and education matters
- Jones Myers lawyers include a number of collaborative experts, an in-house barrister and a former deputy judge.