The Harrogate Bus Company, is throwing open its doors for a very special party to celebrate 110 years of service to the town.
The event will be at the bus company’s headquarters on Broughton Way in Starbeck, on Sunday, 7 August 2016, between 10 am and 4 pm, with something to surprise and entertain all the family.
Already confirmed for the party are:
- Free vintage bus rides to and from Harrogate and Knaresborough bus stations, provided in association with the Keighley Bus Museum
- Live music and Irish traditional dancers performing throughout the day
- Fairground rides to keep younger visitors happy
- Market stalls selling Yorkshire-made crafts
- A bar serving a unique beer brewed especially to celebrate the company’s 110 years of service to Harrogate
- A display showcasing vintage vehicles alongside the latest buses to join the fleet, including its hugely successful ‘Riding. Redefined’ twin deck buses from the 36, Harrogate to Leeds and Ripon service
- An opportunity to have a go at driving a bus
- A chance to experience a ride through the bus wash
The Harrogate Bus Company is part of the Transdev Blazefield group, which runs buses across Yorkshire and Lancashire.
CEO Alex Hornby said:
This event is our way of saying thank you to the people in and around Harrogate who travel with us every day.
It’s also a chance to look back with pride at 110 years of service by us and our predecessors in the town – and forward to the exciting new developments we have coming up, including Harrogate’s first all-electric powered buses, live electronic bus information at key stops, and amazing buses for our busy service 1 in Harrogate and Knaresborough, with free Wi-Fi and USB power on-board.
We’re all really looking forward to welcoming everyone to our 110th birthday party – it promises to be a great day out for the whole family.