For Yorkshire hotel company Cedar Court Hotels it was a matter of forget the Oscars and ignore the Brits on Sunday evening as they celebrated the inaugural Cedar Court Hotels Annual Staff Awards.
The awards recognise customer service, innovation and exceptional standards.
The company, which has 5 hotels spread throughout the region, paid tribute to its staff at a glitzy awards evening held at Cedar Court Harrogate on Sunday 23 February 2014.
The hosts enjoyed an extremely successful evening with Cedar Court Harrogate walking away with four accolades, including the title of Employee of the Year for Head of Housekeeping, Julie Wells. The other Harrogate winners were Mandy Guy (Housekeeper of the Year), David Pratt (Newcomer of the Year) and their Sales Office (Department of the Year).
Following a nomination process which saw hundreds of members of Cedar Court Hotels staff put forward for awards by their colleagues, the evening recognised the importance of all those who work for the company, whether they are public facing or behind the scenes, in ensuring that guests have a memorable stay and receive a true Yorkshire welcome.
Featuring a five course menu, with each dish representing a different hotel and the best of its local area, and entertainment which demonstrated the rich diversity of the hotels, the awards evening paid tribute to the winners in the 14 categories, all of the nominees and the continued success of Cedar Court Hotels.
Group Hotel Director, John Horvath, said: The awards evening was the first in the company’s 29 year history and something we look forward to repeating on an annual basis. It is extremely important that we celebrate the people of Cedar Court Hotels; they make our hotels so unique and loved by our customers. Their rich variety of skills, talent and innovation is fuelled by hard work which can be seen by each and every guest visits a Cedar Court hotel. All those who were nominated are winners in my eyes and I am truly delighted for them all.
The winners were:
- Newcomer of the Year Dave Pratt, Cedar Court Harrogate
- Waiter/Waitress of the Year Danielle McCloud, Cedar Court Huddersfield/Halifax
- Chef of the Year Antony Johnson, Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa, York
- Bar Person of the Year Wayne Tiffany, Cedar Court Wakefield
- Housekeeper of the Year Mandy Guy, Cedar Court Harrogate
- Receptionist of the Year Emma Walton, Cedar Court Leeds/Bradford
- Innovator of the Year Paul Kelly, Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa, York
- Health Club Employee of the Year Rachel Kayser, Cedar Court Wakefield
- Manager of the Year Claire Wilbond, Cedar Court Wakefield
- Unsung Hero of the Year Kelly Hargreaves, Cedar Court Huddersfield/Halifax
- Department of the Year Sales Office, Cedar Court Harrogate
- Sales Person of the Year Louise Gee, Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa, York
- Employee of the Year Julie Wells, Cedar Court Harrogate
- Hotel of the Year Cedar Court Grand Hotel & Spa, York
The Cedar Court Hotels Annual Staff Awards was supported by a number of local suppliers and associates of Cedar Court Hotels who sponsored the individual awards, a further acknowledgement of the strong partnerships that have been forged in making Cedar Court Hotels one of the region’s most successful hotel brands.
Photography by Tim Hardy