Harrogate Town 2 – 4 Solihull Moors

7 April 2013

Harrogate TownTwo goals either side of half time secured victory for Solihull, inspite of a late Town fightback.

Fans arriving at the C N G Stadium were confronted by the unusual sight of Town’s sprinkler system in action for the first time since the Autumn.

Harrogate Town roared into the attack,with the recalled Michael Woods creating an early opening for Chib Chilaka, who forced keeper Jasbir Singh into conceding a corner.

Dave Merris wrongfooted the Moors defence with a short pass to Woods and his powerfully hit drive was beaten out by Singh.

Woods kept up the pressure with a low drive which just missed the post.

Moors began to hit back and Craig MacGillivray punched away a Ryan Beswick free kick, before Dior Angus shot past the upright.

On the half hour,Omar Bogle served notice of what was to come, when his shot on the turn flashed past the post.

Minutes later,Bogle cut in from the right and tucked the ball inside the near post to open the scoring.

Adam Bolder found himself in Referee Hussin’s book for a foul on Gary Birch and just before the break Moors struck again.

Town left Bogle unmarked and he obliged by heading in Beswick’s corner.

On 55 minutes,Bolder was harshly dismissed for an alleged handball and Bogle lashed the resulting free kick into the top corner.

Worst was to follow three minutes later, when Adam Nowakowski conceded a free kick,earning himself a booking in the process.

Town failed to clear and Tom Kemp rifled in from just inside the area.

Simon Weaver, then threw on all three subs in an attempt to save the game and were rewarded with twenty minutes left when Singh picked up sliced backpass.

From the free kick, Luke Dean reduced the arrears with a deflected shot through the wall.

Town, at last hit top gear, with Chilaka nodding Shane Killock’s header over the top from close range and Singh producing three fine saves in succession from Nowakowski, Colin Larkin and Dean.

Town’s endeavours paid off with two minutes left when Dan Clayton was upended in the area and Dean made no mistake from the penalty spot.

It was too little too late and Town will need to bounce back on Tuesday against Gloucester City if they are to stand any chance of reaching a play-off position.


1 MacGillivray, 2 Samuels, 3 Merris, 4 Bolder,5 White (c),6 Killock, 7 Nowakowski, 8 Woods ( Larkin 62),

9 Beesley ( Dean 62), 10 Chilaka, 11 Forrest.(Clayton 62).

Unused subs. 12 Allan,16 Bloomer

Sent Off, Bolder, Bookings, White, Nowakowski

Goal Scorer Dean 71,88pen.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.



Go toTop