Harrogate Town 3 – 1 Vauxhall Motors

18 November 2012

Playing their first Blue Sq North match for a month, Town ran out worthy winners over Vauxhall Motors.

Heavy overnight rain had turned the newly repaired Wetherby Road pitch into a gluepot.

Chib Chilaka and Dan Clayton missed the match because of slight knocks and Alan White occupied an unaccustomed place on the subs bench.

Motors mounted the first attack, but Leon Clowes headed tamely at Craig McGillivray.

Town began to hit their stride and Luke Dean shot narrowly wide after a penetrative run.

However,it took just eighteen minutes for Town to take the lead.

Adam Bolder and Lee Elam combined well to set up Tom Platt and his low cross was turned in by Paul Beesley from close range.

Within four minutes, a dipping drive by Lee Elam smashed against the Motor’s crossbar,and to Town’s delight,eagle eyed Assistant Referee,Paul Stalker,raised his flag to signal that the ball had dropped over the line.

Motor’s misery was compounded shortly afterwards when Dave Thompson earned himself a yellow by bringing down Lee Elam in the area.

Luke Dean,then calmly stroked the ball past Craig Ellison to make it three.

Motor’s were given a route back into the match shortly after the break,when a loose defensive header let in Robbie Booth,who shot past McGillivray from close range.

Motors then enjoyed a spell of pressure which the Town defence had little trouble containing,apart from one blistering drive from Craig Mahon which produced a superb save from McGillivray.

Town repeatedly hit Motors on the break and both Elam and sub Leon Osborne squandered chances to increase the lead.

Harrogate Town 1 McGillivray 2 Samuels 3 Merris 4 Bolder (Bolland 65) 5 Bloomer 6 Killock (c) 7 Platt 8 Dean 9 Forrest (Osborne 39) 10 Beesley (Allan 76) 11 Elam

Unused subs 16 White 17 Nowakowski

Scorers Beesley 18, Elam 22, Dean 38 Pen

Bookings Bolder, Dean

Attendance 393


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.



Go toTop