The team from Harrogate Grammar School were winners in the regional final held in York and won the opportunity to compete in the National Final at the Royal Horticultural Halls in London on Monday 18th June 2018.
Almost 1750 schools entered the competition and 88 qualified to take part in the final. The students involved worked hard and gave a fantastic effort to achieve 38th of 87 attending teams.
The National Final of the Team Maths Challenge, which is run by the UK Mathematics Trust, involves teams of four students from years 8 and 9 (England) competing in:
- A group circus involving hands-on maths problems;
- A series of shuttles in which the answer from one question feeds into the next;
- A crossnumber (mathematical crossword);
- A relay race combining physical and mental agility;
- A poster competition based on a mathematical subject.