A tour of North Yorkshire in a 1923 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost with royal connections and a chance to treat friends and family to a private film screening at a Harrogate cinema are just two of the unique and exceptional auction lots on sale as part of the Mayor’s Magical Spring Ball in Harrogate.
The Ball, hosted by the Mayor of the Borough of Harrogate, Coun Nick Brown, takes place on Saturday 8 April 2017 and will see Harrogate’s Old Swan Hotel transformed into Wonderland for the Mayor’s Magical Spring Ball, which will feature an Alice in Wonderland theme.
Five charities from across the Harrogate district will benefit from the proceeds of the event and fundraising initiatives include a silent auction and bidding is now live!
The silent auction features dozens of lots, many of them offering “money can’t buy” experiences.
- A guided tour of the World of James Herriot Museum in Thirsk, accompanied by the son and daughter, Jim Wight and Rosie Page, of Alf Wight who wrote the renowned books under the name James Herriot. This will be followed by lunch with Jim and Rosie.
- An “out of hours” summertime private event for up to 30 people at RHS Garden Harlow Carr in Harrogate, with a talk and tour from the Harlow Carr Curator and catering by Bettys.
- A day for two in the Stewards’ Enclosure at Henley Royal Regatta for a close-up view of all the rowing action;
- A private box at Ripon Races for 20 people.
- A day’s tuition in the historic craft of Dry Stone Walling, an important feature of North Yorkshire.
- Talk and demonstration for up to 10 people by the former Chef to the Royal Household, Colin Alderson, at the West Park Hotel in Harrogate
- A tour of the private gardens of Mount St John near Thirsk for eight people, followed by a lunch incorporating the garden’s produce.
- Opportunity to experience Bentleys through the ages for two people, with a summer tour around North Yorkshire in four different Bentleys, from 1926 to 2001, followed by lunch.
- A wedding engagement of Harrogate Polyphonic Choir, part of Harrogate Choral Society, with music chosen by the bride and bridegroom.
Co-chairman of the organising committee, Chris Blundell, said: There are some amazing lots and we are indebted to our donors who have really come up with some exciting and unique opportunities which should help us to maximise the amount we can raise for the charities.
All of the lots can be seen at www.jumblebee.co.uk/themayorofharrogatesspringball and making a bid is simple. All you need to do is register and then click on the item you wish to bid for.
The silent auction will be augmented by a live auction, featuring a different set of lots, on the night of the ball, under the gavel of auctioneer Charles Hanson, best known for his appearances on the BBC’s Bargain Hunt, where he has appeared as both expert and auctioneer for the past ten years. He has also been seen on Flog It!, The Antiques Road Trip and Celebrity Antiques Road Trip.
Lots for the live auction include a summer evening helicopter flight across North Yorkshire, followed by dinner, bed and breakfast at the Crab Manor Hotel; a half-day consultation with award-winning garden designer and broadcaster, Matthew Wilson; a bespoke Brompton folding bicycle; and a luxury apartment in Cape Town for one week for up to six people.
Bids for the live auction can also be placed in advance by contacting Shirley McConville at firstname.lastname@example.org for a form. This can be returned to her to be passed to the auctioneer.
Proceeds from both auctions will go to the Mayor’s nominated charities, Harrogate Homeless Project, Saint Michael’s Hospice, Harrogate Choral Society, Ripon Cathedral Concert Society and the Northern Aldborough Festival.