A number of local school choirs played to a capacity audience at the Royal Hall on Friday, 3 March 2017.
Kids in the Limelight saw an attendance of 750 and was organised by the Rotary Club of Harrogate Brigantes – It was in support of their ongoing Nepal project.
The schools involved were:
- Bilton Grange Community Primary School
- Glasshouses Community Primary School
- King James’s’ School, Knaresborough
- North Rigton Primary School
- Pannal Primary School
- Richard Taylor Church of England Primary School
- St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
- St. Peter’s Church of England Primary School
- Willowtree Community Primary School
The main conductor on the evening was Carmel Wake of Richard Taylor School, with some numbers in the first half were conducted by Lizzie Williams of Pannal School and Stuart Forster of King James’s.
The soloists for “Little People” were Toby Crisell (Richard Taylor Church of England Primary School), Freddie Hagen (Pannal School) and Roman Bignell (North Rigton Primary School)
There were also two prize winners: for the marketing image it was Lucy Everson from Richard Taylor School, and for the Illustrative artwork it was Alannah Saphir from Pannal School. Lucy Everson’s drawing was the one use on the front cover of the programme and in marketing.
All monies raised will go towards the Nepal project with an aim of bringing a large group from Nepal for a concert.