The Willoman Festival reaches day 3 today with the Undertones headlining later this evening (18 June 2016)
The Beat and Stereo MC’s headlined yesterday, but the event is a true festival over a long-weekend.
We went down for Friday evening and caught a few of the acts playing.
What we liked:
- Friendly, friendly friendly, everyone chats. You can’t buy a portion of chips without chatting.
- Sensibly priced food and drink, proper beer is £3.70 and a pizza is about £7 (plus there are other options) means you can feed yourself without grumbling too much
- The bands, a mix of current an some of the older ones around, but older bands that can still rock out
- Parking, you don’t have to park in the next county
- Family friendly and safe, there is a sensible amount of security staff, but more importantly there is a feeling of a party going on. You can, and people do, take the little ones to this event
- Plenty of toilets
What we weren’t so keen on:
- There are two main stages, one indoor and one outdoor. Live bands alternate between the two meaning there is a fair gap on the main stage without live music
The event runs for 4 days, Thursday to Sunday in Knayton, a few miles north of Thirsk.
Tickets can be bought on the gate.
See willowmanfestival.co.uk for more details.