Fire in Knaresborough High Street shop

The service were called to Knaresborough High street at 2:48 on 26 February 2014.

A smoke detector had activated in a shop and the fire crews arrived on scene to discover the shop filled with smoke.

Crews gained entry to the shop and carried out a full search to locate the source of the smoke. A small fire was discovered in the rear panel of a refrigeration unit and was extinguished.

Approximately 5 square meters of fire, heat and smoke damage was caused to the fridge unit and adjacent wall.

The cause is believed to be an electrical fault on the fridge unit.

You may also like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Checking...

Ouch! There was a server error.
Retry »

Sending message...

Tell us what's going on...

Know about a local news item or event, then let us know by filling the form in now

Attach an image (Max 1M)