A 32-year-old man from Loftus near Saltburn is due to appear at Northallerton Magistrates’ Court this morning (28 December 2012) following a series of burglaries.
The householder called the police at 3.40am. Officers attended the scene and located the suspect in a garden following a search of the area. They also recovered a stolen Volkswagen Golf in a nearby street which contained suspected stolen property.
The man has been charged with:
- Burglary and theft at Cocked Hat Park, Thirsk on 27 December 2012
- Attempted burglary at Cocked Hat Park, Thirsk on 27 December 2012
- Theft of a VW Golf from Redcar on 11 November 2012
- Burglary at Little Crakehall between 26 – 27 December 2012
- Theft from a vehicle at Little Crakehall, between 26 – 27 December 2012
- Theft from a vehicle at Bedale between 26 – 27 December 2012
Another man aged 26, from the Saltburn area was arrested at around 12pm yesterday (27 December 2012) and questioned by detectives on suspicion of burglary . He has been released on police bail while enquiries continue.