Quakers in Harrogate District are ready to open their doors later this month for a special Open Week at the Friends Meeting House.
All are welcome to attend any of the special events, which run from Friday September 28th to Saturday October 13th at the Friends Meeting House at 12a Queen Parade, Harrogate.
The varied programme includes craft activities for children and adults from spinning to badge making, taster Quaker worship sessions, fair trade stalls, a peaceful demonstration outside Menwith Hill base, and even a theatre production.
Quaker, Gilly Charters said:
This week is aimed at anyone from any religion or none, who wants to know more about Quakers. Whether you’re curious, want to look at the building, or whether you’re looking for a spiritual home, you will be very welcome.
It’s a chance for our neighbours and the community we are part of to come, visit us, meet us and ask questions.
- Friday September 28th and Friday October 5th: Open Discussion groups, from 7-9pm, exploring the role of Quakerism in today’s world.
- Sunday Sept 30:– 10.30am, meet for worship
12noon – Shared lunch
13.30pm – craft activities, displays
- Tuesday Oct 2: 6-8pm – Demo outside Menwith Hill base, coordinated by CAAB
- Wednesday Oct 3: 10.30am Informal get together at Café Culture on Leeds Road, Harrogate
- Thursday Oct 4th 10am-12.30 – What’s in the Quaker Library, book group, refreshments.
- Thursday Oct 4th: 10.45-11.15 – Midweek meeting for worship at the bridge café, Gracious Street Methodist Church, Knaresborough.
- Friday Oct 5th, 7-9pm – open discussion group
- Saturday Oct 6th – 11am-3pm – 15 minute meetings for worship on the hour from 11-2pm, children’s activities, fair-trade stall, simple lunch available
2.15-3pm – Passions and pastimes – a chance to share our enthusiasms.
- Sunday Oct 7th, 10.30am – Meeting for worship
- Saturday Oct 13th , 7.30pm– Quaker Theatre Company production One Of That Despised People (not suitable for under 16s)
For more information, contact Gilly on 07890 598225