Last Updated on
The Olympic Torch relay arrives in the Harrogate area on 19 June 2012 and to mark the occasion, the council have mown giant-sized olympic rings into the Stray, next to Christ Church.
The image is by Sean Martin of High Vision Photography.
If you are planning on seeing the torch then keep in mind that it transfers by vehicle between Knaresborough and Starbeck, then from the Duchy area to Fountains Abbey, and finally Fountains Abbey to Ripon.
The timings on 19th June 2012 are as follows:
- Start – Toyota garage outside Knaresborough – 1.33pm
- Knaresborough High Street – 1.51pm
- Entrance to Mother Shiptons – 2.03pm
Transfer to Starbeck
- Starbeck High Street – 2.07pm
- Empress Roundabout – 2.28pm
- Prince of Wales Roundabout – 2.39pm
- Cenotaph – Harrogate – 2.48pm
- Leaves Harrogate – Duchy Road – 2.52pm
Transfer to Fountains Abbey
- Fountains Abbey – 3.23pm rest break and time adjustment stop
- Leaves at 4.00pm
Transfer to Ripon
- Start Ripon junction of Studley Road and Mallorie Park Drive – 4.11pm
- Market Square – Ripon – 4.25pm
- Ripon Cathedral – 4.30pm
- Leaves Ripon – Rotary Way – 4.36pm