It aims to advise and inform by bringing together information that is of interest to the local community.
All organisations, including businesses, charities and sports clubs, are invited to send in news and pictures for inclusion on the site. Those submitting material are responsible for the accuracy of its content and should ensure they have permission to publish any images supplied.
Some of the principles that we work to:
- Publish news quickly
- To work in an open and honest manner
- To be accountable and challengeable on all actions
- Revise and update developing news items to ensure accuracy
- Support local businesses, organisations and events
- Where necessary, to challenge organisations over their actions
- Operate without prejudice or bias
- Publish mainly factually based news with sufficient information to leave the reader to form a view
- Where possible be engaging and innovative with images
- Use video content where it conveys messages more powerfully
- Actively encourage dialogue and comment on news items
- Integrate fully with facebook, twitter and developing social media