Harrogate College celebrated the success and achievement of our students at the Further Education Awards ceremony in the newly refurbished facilities at Harrogate College, on Wednesday 28 June 2017.
Following a £6m redevelopment, Harrogate College has industry standard facilities that students have been working in all year, making the perfect venue for an evening of celebration.
Bistro on the Park, Harrogate College’s training restaurant, was packed with family, friends, tutors, and of course students, as well as support from special guests including local employers and societies.
Performing Arts students Izzy South, Tiggy Fagan and Courtney Harper performed an outstanding and exciting selection of hits from ‘Grease’.
Harrogate College Principal Debra Forsythe-Conroy welcomed students and guests to the award ceremony and was proud to present each nominee with a certificate of achievement, with rounds of applause for each individual.
Winners in each category were:
- Age 16-18: Kai Haynes studying Uniformed Public Services and Leah Carr studying Beauty Therapy
- Age 19+: Sophie Atkinson studying Health and Social Care and Helen Clarke studying Bench Joinery
- Head of School Awards: Lucy Tyson, studying Business, Marketing and Management and Joshua Clare studying Electrical Installations
- Apprentice of the Year: Ashley Richardson, Intermediate Brick Work Apprenticeship
- Principal Award: Joe Harris studying Art and Design
- Harrogate Fine Art Society Travel Bursary: Lily Fining studying Foundation Diploma Art and Design
- Nidd Valley Fine Art Society Award: Hollie Belford studying Foundation Art and Design
- Lilly Reid Catering Award: Emily Salt
- Francesca Lyn Hairdressing award: Megan Geddes
- AoC Enterprise and Innovation Award: Joe O’Sullivan, studying Sport
- Employers of the Year award: Harrogate Borough Council and Leeds City Council Construction
Debra Forsythe-Conroy, Harrogate College Principal, said:
Our annual Further Education awards are an opportunity to showcase the talent we have at Harrogate College and it’s lovely to see the transformation in the students as they grow in confidence throughout the year. Each year, we come together at this wonderful event to celebrate their success and achievements!