Harrogate Town 2 – 2 Altrincham


A last minute goal by Altrincham’s, Damien Reeves, robbed Town of all three points at the CNG Stadium.

An early run by Alty’s Sam Patterson, ended with a shot over Town’s crossbar,but on ten minutes Town suffered a double blow.

Firstly, Jordan Robertson limped off to be replaced by Jon Paul Pittman,before moments later James Lawrie ran onto David Lynch’s pass to beat Peter Crook with a low cross shot into the far corner.

Town hit back with Andy Gascoigne shooting against Robins keeper,Andy Dawber after being played in by Joe Leesley.

Dawber was soon in action again,when he made a flying save to keep out Lloyd Kerry’s drive from the edge of the area, but Leesley’s resulting corner was forced in from six yards by Luke Shiels for Town’s equaliser.

A sharp one two between, Dom Knowles and Gascoigne, ended with Dawber producing an excellent block from Knowles, but soon afterwards,Knowles pulled up in full flight and had to be replaced by Chib Chilaka.

Reeves curled a shot past the upright for the Robins,but Dawber again saved the day for the visitors,when he turned Pittman’s shot for a corner after he had been sent clear by Warren Burrell’s through ball.

Reeves started the second half with a shot across Town’s goal,but on fiftysix minutes, Town captain,Simon Ainge, out jumped Dawber at the far post to head home a Leesley free kick after a foul on Gascoigne.

Gascoigne’s last action before being replaced by Jack Emmett was to head a Leesley centre wide of the upright.

Town were then presented with an opportunity when Leesley was brought down on the edge of the penalty area, but Andi Thanoj disappointingly hit his free kick into the wall.

The Robins pressed hard for an equaliser,but Town’s defence with Shiels and Ben Parker outstanding,held firm.
Unfortunately, Town were hampered with a late injury to Leesley and with all substitutes used,Leesley had to soldier on until the final whistle.

As the game entered stoppage time,Lawrie’s corner was headed on by John Cyrus and goal poacher Reeves was on hand to nod past Crook from close range to level for the visitors.

Sadly, Town were dealt a further blow when a wild tackle by Kerry earned him a second yellow card and instant dismissal by referee, Glen Hart.

1 Crook, 2 Burrell, 3 Parker, 4 Thanoj, 5 Ainge (c), 6 Shiels, 7 Kerry, 8 Leesley, 9 Robertson (Pittman 9), 10 Knowles (Chilaka 35), 11 Gascoigne (Emmett 70).
Unused subs, 16 Ellis,17 Platt sending off Kerry,booking Thanoj.
Scorers Shiels 24,Ainge 56. Man of the Match, Thanoj. Att.635

Report by John Harrison

Photographs by Craig Hurle

Alty (Home) 393

Alty (Home) 267

Alty (Home) 259

Alty (Home) 258

Alty (Home) 217

Alty (Home) 104

Alty (Home) 103

Alty (Home) 086

Alty (Home) 080

Alty (Home) 065

Alty (Home) 052

Alty (Home) 048

Alty (Home) 042


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.