Police are appealing for information after £100,000 worth of jewellery was stolen from a vehicle parked in Thirsk.
Between 6.45pm and 10.30pm on Sunday 23 September 2012, the owner of the jewellery parked her van on The Crescent in Thirsk while visiting friends.
During that time, the van was broken into through the rear window and a black bag with brown trim containing the jewellery was stolen.
Some of the items are very distinctive and police are appealing for information about the theft and asking anyone who is offered the jewellery for sale to contact them.
PC Michael Wilson of Northallerton Police, said:
I would like anyone who is offered this very distinctive jewellery for sale to contact us immediately. It is likely that whoever has stolen it will try to sell it to cash exchange shops, second hand shops or at car boot sales. If you are offered any items for sale, especially at suspiciously low prices, please call us.
Our advice to anyone with valuables, whether it be tools, electrical items, sat-navs, handbags, anything of any value, is to always remove it from your vehicle when you leave it unattended. It may be an inconvenience at the time, but it is better to safe than sorry.
Anyone with any information about the theft is asked to call North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for Northallerton CID, please quote reference 12120160022.
Or, you can pass information anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
The items stolen include:
- 1960’s gold bangle
- 4ft gold muff chain
- Gents gold watch chains
- Platinum ring with square emerald stone and diamond on either side
- 18 carat sapphire and diamond ring
- 18 carat gold wide wedding ring
- 18 carat gold D band wedding ring
- Bar brooch with spider on one side and sapphire diamond shape fly on other side
- Scarab beetle brooch in green set on gold brooch background
- Scarab beetle necklace, 12 beetles around necklace separated by 3 brown beads between each one
- Pair of scarab beetle earrings, bold ring with beetle set inside
- Gold bar brooch with fox mask in the middle
- Hunting whip brooch in gold
- 18 carat gold brooch with Labrador dog on the front
- Gold brooch with horse shoes on
- Gold and green enamel brooch with Siamese cat in centre
- Gold and green enamel brooch with Labrador in centre and Guide Dogs for the Blind written on it
- Silver owl brooch with green and blue eyes
- Ivory brooch with huntsman horse and hounds
- Silver brooches with Marcasite stones set in the shape of dogs, frogs, horses, lurchers, cavalier king Charles, birds of prey with fish in its talons, deer, stags