Date(s) - 02/03/2019
5:00pm - 7:00pm
King James School
King James Rd
On Saturday 2 March 2019, in Knaresborough, starting and ending at King James’s School.
- Walk starts at 5pm
- A celebration of light, life and love
- Approximately 400 walkers will set off on a picturesque 5k mile stroll, enjoying the beauty of the historic town and riverside as dusk falls
- With only gentle inclines the event is suitable for the whole family and walkers of all abilities
- Walkers will have the opportunity to carry a lantern, which can then be left with a message as part of a display in the Castle Grounds as a tribute to loved ones – or simply as a celebration of spring. Lanterns will then be transported back to the finish for walkers to take home and cherish. Or walkers can choose to keep their lanterns with them throughout the walk.
- The walk will be punctuated by musical interludes and opportunities for reflection taking in the beautiful views
- Saint Michael’s Hospice is inviting the community to step out for a magical Twilight Walk this spring, to support local people living with terminal illness and bereavement.
- Walkers will be walking in memory of someone special that they wish to remember, or as part of a special evening with friends and family to support their local hospice.
Chief executive of Saint Michael’s, Tony Collins said:
We are hugely excited to be able to offer local people the opportunity to be part of our new event celebrating light, life and love.
The Twilight Walk really is more than just a sponsored walk – it is an experience to remember, with live music and the chance to share special moments with family and friends, while making a real difference to local people affected by terminal illness right here in our community.
We are expecting this event to attract significant numbers of participants; we therefore urge people to secure their place as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Early bird entry is just £10 for adults before 15 February 2019,
- £15 thereafter.
- Entry for children aged 5 is £5, and registration is free for under 5s.
- Glass lanterns cost £5.
- Walkers are encouraged to raise as much as possible through personal sponsorship, or may choose to make a donation instead. A special, ceramic keepsake lantern will be given as a thank you to those raising £100 or more in sponsorship or donation.
- To secure your place, sign up online at www.saintmichaelshospice.org, Email email@example.com, or call (01423) 878 628