After the success of the HIF Weekender – the arts charities first digital Festival in July – the eyes of the book lovers across the world will once again be upon Yorkshire, as Harrogate International Festivals bring a host of best-selling authors, well known faces and fascinating speakers, to join this star-studded line up.
Friday 22 – Sunday 25 October 2020
Authors and speakers set to appear as part of the Festival are:
- Alexandra Shulman – Vogue Magazine
- Bernard Cornwell – Historical Fiction royalty
- Ken Follett – Award winning author
- Elif Shafak – Women’s Rights Activist, novelist and political scientist.
- Lee Child – Bestselling thriller author
- Jeremy Vine – Broadcaster and commentator
- Kadiatu Kanneh-Mason – Mother of Britain’s most musical family
- Loyd Grossman – Food critic and author
- Simon Mayo – Broadcaster
- Hugo Vickers – Royal Biographer
- Ariana Neumann – bestseller author of When Time Stopped a worldwide bestseller
- Victoria Hislop – Popular novelist
- Jessica Phillips MP – British Labour Party politician
Full programme to be announced soon.
Launched in 2012, the Raworths Harrogate Literature Festival has become the hot ticket on the national Festival
circuit thanks to its stellar line-up of literary names.
Described as ‘One of the UK’s best Literary Festivals’ by Harpers Bazaar, this Festival, now in its ninth year, celebrates great writing by bringing an excellent range of best-selling authors, influential politicians, comedians and stars of the stage to share their stories, with a programme designed to entertain and inspire.
Previous speakers include: Prime Minister David Cameron, BBC Countryfile broadcaster John Craven; veteran news anchor Mark Austin; author Conn Iggulden, politician Alan Johnson; blogger Gill Simms; explorer Chris Bonnington; politician-turned-strictly-star Anne Widdecombe; presenter-turned-GB triathlete Louise Minchin; and business titan Sir Tim Waterstone.