North Yorkshire Police have confirmed that Natalie Foster and her seven-month-old son Robert have been found safe and well.
They had been the focus of significant concern following an incident at Seamer Caravan Site, near Stokesley, on Friday 22 July when Natalie’s father had been subjected to a serious assault by three men.
Two of the suspects were subsequently arrested but the third, Natalie’s 22-year-old husband Robert Henry Foster, disappeared – as did his wife and child.
Due to the violent nature of the incident with Natalie’s father and the fact that nobody had seen or heard from Natalie since just before the attack, which was totally out of character, there was a possibility that both her and baby Robert were in danger.
Thankfully, and as a direct result of the high profile media coverage that the investigation team was very grateful to receive, Natalie and baby Robert attended Northallerton Police Station on Sunday evening to confirm they had come to no harm.
Detective Chief Inspector Kerrin Smith, who is leading the investigation, said: “Our number one priority was always to ensure the safety of both Natalie and her son Robert. This was proving to be very difficult to achieve and if it wasn’t for the support of the media to highlight our very real concerns, then I am in no doubt that the matter would not have been resolved in a relatively short but intense period of time.
“I again express my gratitude for the care and sensitivity shown by the media under what were very difficult and complex circumstances.”
DCI Smith confirmed that the police enquiries to trace Robert Henry Foster remain ongoing.
She said: “It is imperative that Robert Foster is arrested as soon as possible in relation to the serious assault which took place at Seamer Caravan Site at around 5pm on Friday 22 July.
“We are following a number of lines of enquiry to achieve this outcome.
“I am also appealing to anyone with information that could reveal his whereabouts to contact the police or Crimestoppers without delay.”