Harrogate has once again held Mr and Miss Fitness, the celebration of a great deal of hard work, fitness and physique – 9 June 2016.
The event was held at the Gambaru gym and was supported by both Gambaru and Steca Barbers. David Steca has just returned from LA competing at the Mr International on muscle beach were he won the 0ver 50’s light heavyweight at the age of 57.
The 2016 winners:
- Mr Athletic – Jonathan Gill
- Mr Athletic Chin ups /Dips – Nathan Miller
- Under 18’s – Jack Mcfarlane
- Mr Beach Body – Stanley Farrell
- Over 40’s – Paul Redpath
- Over 50’s – Steve Mellow
- Ladies Bikini – Chanelle Smith
- Ladies Bikini over 35’s – Jane Snowden
- Ladies Toned – Lauren kenworthy
- Men’s Under 13 stone – Paul Redpath
- Men’s Over 13 stone – Justin Barnes
- Overall Men’s Mr Harrogate- Paul Redpath
- Overall Ladies Ms Harrogate- Chanelle Smith
- Guest Poser Men – Mike Taylor north west Britain champ, 2nd in IBFA, Mr Britain, Mr Europe finalist
- Guest Poser Women – Anita wright, 2nd NAC Miss Britain, 5th in Europe
Jonathan Walker said:
I continue to be humbled at the dedication and commitment of everyone who takes part in our show.They should all be immensely proud. The Harrogate Mr & Ms Fitness show goes from strength to strength each year and continues to grow in popularity.
The name and meaning of Gambaru is to always try to be ‘the best you can be.’ No matter what your ability . All the competitors truly lived up to this ethos and gave it their all. The addition of Nutrition Joes Cafe certainly gave us the edge on any other standard show , and this was put to good use by competitors and supports eating and drinking until the early hours afterwards.
I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who took part and came to support Role on 2017 HMMF
David Steca said:
The show went well with standing room only!
All the competitors enjoyed show-casing themselves.
Jonathan and I were very pleased with the event and should have reasonable funds to donate to Yorkshire cancer research.Roll on next year !
Judges on the night:
- Pat Warner – powerlifting champion, UKBFF British bodybuilding champion
- Ricky Moore – powerlifting champ NABBA British bodybuilding champ 2nd twice in the world championships
- Mr John plumber editor of flex and muscle and fitness UK
- Paul Murie and emma Mather co owner of body tech gym on the Wirral Paul is Vice President of the work fitness federation British and European bodybuilding champ.
- Nick hall owner of sun us gym
Selection of images from the event: