A Harrogate man who was found guilty of causing alarm and distress by intentionally exposing his genitals, as defined under section 66 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, has now been sentenced.
Mark Alan Cartwight, from St John’s Crescent in Harrogate, born 14 July 1986, was found guilty following trial at Harrogate Magistrates Court on 24 September 2015, he was sentenced on 15 October 2015.
- A community order of 12 months
- Attend rehabilitation for a maximum of 30 days
- Undertake 150 hours of unpaid work
- Sexual harm prevention order for 5 years (imposing of an order will make the defendant subject to the sex offenders register)
- £60 victim surcharge
- £620 Crown Prosecution Costs
- £1,000 criminal courts charges
- Is required to notify the police if he moves home
See the court report: Harrogate man placed on sex offenders register after lewd act in front of child