Lamp next to armchair thought to have caused minor fire

Fire appliances from Harrogate were called to a fire to a property on Hill Rise Avenue, Harrogate in the early hours of yesterday morning – 3am on 6 December 2013.

They tackled a fire to an armchair in the living room which was badly damaged, the living room also suffered smoke damage.



Fortunately smoke alarms were fitted in the property, they activated and raised the alarm to a neighbour.

An elderly lady in the property at the time suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital.

The cause is believed to be due to an angle-poise lamp being left too close to the armchair.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *