North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue were called to the Rugby Club on Claro Road in Harrogate this evening (27 October 2013).
At around 19:15 a report was made that an out building within the club’s grounds was on fire.
Two units from Harrogate fire station attended and used a single hose reel to extinguish the fire that was confined to one end of the building.
The largely empty building, to the right of the main stand, also housed two propane gas cylinders that luckily were unaffected.
The cause of the fire is thought to be malicious.