Pan fire in Harrogate

At 11:33am (21 July 2013) the Fire Service were called to a property on Skipton Road following reports of smoke coming from the downstairs.

Fire Engines from Harrogate Fire Station as well as a Aerial Ladder Platform appliance attended. Upon arrival the crews were able to gain access to the property as a neighbour who had keys let them in as the occupants were out at the time.



Once inside crews wearing breathing apparatus discovered there was a pan of eggs left unattended on the gas hob causing a lot of smoke. Crews isolated the gas supply and ventilated the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan. They also fitted a second smoke alarm to the property as this was a three storey property.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *