Please support what we do and share

Man rescued from flat fire in Harrogate

Fire-PumpEmergency services were called to reports of smoke in flats on Cheltenham Mount in Harrogate on the evening of the 8 June 2013 at 23:36.

Fire crews from Knaresborugh and Harrogate attended and on their arrival they confirmed a kitchen fire within a first floor flat.

Forcing entry, the crews rescued one male from within who was then transported to hospital by ambulance. Other firefighters extinguished the fire which caused extensive fire damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the flat and communal stairway.

Crews used breathing apparatus, hosereel, thermal imaging camera and door breaker.

All resources left the scene by 01:59.

Smoke alarms were fitted and activated.

The cause is believed to be due to an unattended pan.

Please support what we do and share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.