Hair-dryer thought to be cause of house fire in Harrogate

Three fire appliances from Harrogate and Knaresborough responded to a report of a first floor bedroom fire in a domestic property – 3 November 2012  14:07

The property’s smoke alarms enabled the female occupant and her two young children to evacuate the property prior to the firecrews attendance.



Firefighters used breathing appartus, hosereels, an electric fan, ladder, thermal imaging camera and handtools to extinguish the fire and vacate the property of smoke.

In addition to the bedroom which was fire and smoke damaged, there was also smoke damage throughout the first floor and heat damage within the roof space.

No persons were injured during the incident and the cause is believed to have been caused by residual heat from a hair-dryer initially igniting the bedroom carpet.

 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *