More than a thousand Yorkshire stars will align to shine this October for the biggest tourism awards in the UK.
The White Rose Awards 2012 – run by tourism agency Welcome to Yorkshire – recognise and celebrate the best of Yorkshire tourism.
This year’s theme is ‘A night of a thousand stars’, where tourism bosses will welcome over a thousand representatives from the county’s third biggest sector – worth £7bn to the economy.
The awards will this year be held at Leeds United’s Centenary Pavilion on October 1.
Yorkshire businesses have until May 30 to get their entries in – and the awards are free to enter for members of Welcome to Yorkshire.
Gary Verity, Chief Executive of Welcome to Yorkshire, said:
We proudly promote the biggest county in the UK so it’s only fitting we host the biggest awards. We have already had a fantastic amount of entries across the categories – but there’s still time for people to get their entries in before May 30.
These awards are good for business because they help raise the bar and promote them to a wider audience. And it’s not just our worthy winners that benefit, as even making the shortlist shows the high standards those businesses have attained.
A new category has also been added this year with the addition of the Arts and Culture Award.
For more details see www.whiteroseawards.com
- Arts and Culture Award
- B&B Guest Accommodation of the Year Award
- Business Tourism Award
- Caravan Holiday Park & Holiday Village Award
- Large Hotel of the Year Award
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year Award
- Outstanding Customer Service Award
- Self Catering, Cruisers & Serviced Apartments Award
- Small Hotel & Townhouse Award
- Small Visitor Attraction Award
- Taste of Yorkshire Award
- Tourism Event of the Year Award
- Visitor Information Award
- Yorkshire Pub of the Year Award
- Yorkshire Restaurant of the Year Award
Who should be nominated from the Harrogate area ? Add your suggestions below.