Searches were made at various UK locations yesterday, including Knaresborough with five men subsequently being arrested on suspicion of offences under the Public Order Act.
All were detained on suspicion of publishing or distributing written material which may stir up racial hatred. This investigation relates to posts made on social networking sites.
Police have recovered a range of items from the addresses, including computers, laptops and mobile phone.
The men arrested were:
- 43 year old man from North Tyneside, Northumbria
- 46 year old man from County Durham
- 18 year old man from Merseyside
- 21 year old man from Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- 56 year old man from Holloway, London
The men have now been released on bail as investigations continue.